In this episode, I sit down with strength and conditioning coach Pete Bommarito. This was a fascinating discussion on how to train NFL athletes.
Pete is the owner of Bommaritio Performance. His company has trained some of the BEST athletes in the world. His client list reads like a NFL Pro Bowl roster - Leveon Bell, Lesean McCoy, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, Tyrod Taylor, Rob Gronkowski, Von Miller, the list goes on!
In the show we talked about:
- The NFL draft prep process.
- How his company handles every aspect of combine prep - the training, nutrition, supplementation, mindset work as well as the logistics - housing, transportation, etc.
- The yearly periodization plan for a NFL veteran to peak for mini camp, training camp, and the end of the season.
- The ratio of weight room work vs field work.
- What role do olympic lifts play in their training?
- The top techniques to get athletes faster.
- Who was the fastest and strongest athletes he has ever worked with?
- Why did he recommend Leveon Bell lose weight?
- What are the best resources for strength and conditioning information?
- How to become a strength coach that works with pro athletes?
- Why the entrepreneur mindset is essential for a strength coach.
Find more information about Pete and Bommarito Performance at:
For the show notes visit Hunt Fitness at http://www.kylehuntfitness.com/
This episode is brought to you by my best selling ebook, Absolute Strength.
Get Strong Now: http://www.kylehuntfitness.com/absolute-strength/